Since coming to Vanessa Plettell Dance school, I have improved tremendously in my dance technique and performance abilities. The teachers are wonderful and very encouraging, allowing me to work to my full potential and succeed in all my dance endeavors... I immediately fell in love with it's warm, friendly atmosphere, which gave me back my love of dance. The studio provides excellent training while keeping the classes fun... Vanessa Plettell Dance is truly dedicated to the progression and growth of each dancer...
More Testimonials >>>
Join Exciting Dance Classes - from Ballet to Zumba!
Vanessa Plettell started her dance school in 1989 because of her passion for teaching and choreography. Through the passion and dedication echoed from all the teachers, students can work to their full potential, have lots of fun, and be sure that they are well prepared for exams, competitions, and performances.
Today, Vanessa Plettell Dance is one of the two largest dance studios in Ottawa and offers classes from ballet to zumba. Come see what our school has to offer...
- Ballet classes: Ballet is the Fundamental of Dance. It teaches poise, posture, strength and technique.
- Zumba classes: Zumba is an exciting dance fitness program designed to work your entire body. It's easy to follow along - even if you've never danced before!
- Jazz dance classes: Dance to popular music with kicks, jumps,, and an awesome dance combination, either fast or lyrical routines.
- Tap dance classes: The thrill of learning to make rhythm and sound with our feet.
- Acro classes: A unique form of acrobatics & gymnastics, stretch, dance class that develops strength and agility.
Highlight of Our Dance School: Year-End Show in May
Instead of doing a boring recital like every other dance school in Ottawa, we put on a professional performance which demonstrates the skills developed throughout the classes. This highlight of the year involves actors, Le Jazz Hot Dance Company dancers, fabulous choreographies, colourful costumes, a big audience, and a professional stage at the Museum of Civilization in Hull!